This image is part of a collection that were exhibited in Paris, Milano, New York, Chicago and Santiago.
Augustus, the first Roman emperor (though he never claimed the title for himself), Augustus led Rome’s transformation from republic to empire during the tumultuous years following the assassination of his great-uncle and adoptive father Julius Caesar. He shrewdly combined military might, institution-building and lawmaking to become Rome’s sole ruler, laying the foundations of the 200-year Pax Romana (Roman Peace) and an empire that lasted, in various forms, for nearly 1,500 years.
• Hand woven by Fernando's brother Marcelo.
• Museum quality materials.
• Matte Black and White.
• Signed and vintage stamped on back.
• Includes Certificate of Authenticity when ordered unframed.
• Framing available in the USA. Just Add to Cart for frame choices or go to FRAMING.
• Made to order. Usually ships within 3 weeks depending on demand.
* Each Woven Photograph is as unique as a fingerprint. Images are for reference only and may not be associated with each woven photograph.
* Photo Wovens larger than 19" x 24" are woven in sections. Learn more.
* Custom sizes? Please email me.
* Did you know I can weave your own photo? Preview and order here.
What is a Woven Photograph?
Our Woven Photographs, Photo Wovens or Photo Weaves, as they are called, are made from two identical Giclee prints. The prints are cut in very thin strips and weaved back together adding complexity, texture, drama and relief, inviting the viewer into a memorable experience. Each piece, from cutting to weaving is completely hand made by Marcelo, following Fernando's vision. Differences in strip width, alignment and traces of my weaving touch are expected and desirable. Truly a one-of-a-kind artwork. See one in detail here.