This image is part of a collection that was exhibited in Paris, Milano, New York, Chicago and Santiago.
Pompeia Plotina was Roman empress from 98 to 117 as the wife of Emperor Trajan. She was renowned for her interest in philosophy, and her virtue, dignity and simplicity. She was particularly devoted to the Epicurean philosophical school in Athens, Greece. She is often viewed as having provided Romans with fairer taxation, improved education, assisted the poor, and created tolerance in Roman society.
• Hand woven by Fernando's brother Marcelo.
• Museum quality materials.
• Matte Black and White.
• Signed and vintage stamped on back.
• Includes Certificate of Authenticity.
• Framing available. Just Add to Cart for frame choices.
• Made to order. Ships within 3 weeks.
* Each Woven Photograph is as unique as a fingerprint. Images are for reference only and may not be associated with each woven photograph.
* Photo Wovens larger than 16" x 20" are woven in sections. Learn more.
* Custom sizes? Please email me.
* Did you know I can weave your own photo? Preview and order here.
What is a Woven Photograph?
Our Woven Photographs, Photo Wovens or Photo Weaves, as they are called, are made from two identical Giclee prints. The prints are cut in very thin strips and weaved back together adding complexity, texture, drama and relief, inviting the viewer into a memorable experience. Each piece, from cutting to weaving is completely hand made by Marcelo, following Fernando's vision. Differences in strip width, alignment and traces of my weaving touch are expected and desirable. Truly a one-of-a-kind artwork. See one in detail here.