Billie Holiday. Need to say more? With the help from the US Library of Congress and the William P. Gottlieb Collection, the Studio is releasing a limited edition Woven Photographs celebrating African American achievements. This series of jazz icons provide a fresh reminder to take notice of where systemic racism persists and give visibility to the people and organizations creating change.
• Artwork is made to order, ships within 3 - 5 weeks
• Completely handmade by Fernando's brother Marcelo
• Museum quality archival Giclee prints and materials used
• Includes Certificate of Authenticity, signed and vintage stamped
* Images are for reference only. Detail images are not associated with each woven photograph. Each one is a unique piece of art. No two are alike.
What is a Woven Photograph?
Woven photographs are made from two identical museum quality archival Giclee prints. The prints are hand cut in very thin strips and hand weaved back together adding complexity, texture, drama and relief inviting the viewer into an already striking image. Each piece, from cutting to weaving is completely hand made by Marcelo, following his brother’s Fernando’s technique. Nuances in weaving, alignment and construction make each woven photograph a one of a kind.